Search This Blog

Saturday, April 13, 2013

First Post...well, not really

There is something in this world that I am FANTASTIC at.  I mean really, I deserve some sort of award for my ability to start projects, blogs, a plethora of endeavors with as much gusto as humanly possible. I attack each project with starry-eyed dreams of what will be.  I purchase paint, fabric, lumber - all of it.  Then I get distracted.  Think ADD on a whole different level.  Another project comes up that MUST have my immediate attention. Life and work become so busy that I "back burner" my plans.  Low and behold, I never come back to them.   I think I lack the follow-through gene.    My house is littered with the remnants of projects gone by.  Half finished cross-stitch pieces, scrapbooks, home improvement projects-- I have them all and they silently mock me for my well-intentioned yet hopeless allusions of grandeur.  

Even though I know all of this about myself, I have decided to be brave enough to give it another shot.  A dear friend of mine who is a tad bit older than I, told me that once you hit a certain age, things just sort of start to click.  The minutia that you allowed to clutter your life falls away and you finally give yourself a break.  With that break comes a whole new feeling of power.  I must admit, I listened to her with half an ear, never really believing it could be true for me, but happy that she'd found her "happy place".  Then I turned 45.

I really can't explain what happened, but it was like a switch was thrown.  In the last few weeks, I have completed a number of projects.  So many, in fact, that I have sort of shocked myself.  I like this new feeling of accomplishment.  I am not naive enough to think that my world will totally change, but I hope I can keep it up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? I'd love to hear them!