Search This Blog

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Aunts and Uncles

This really is the house that "the mature people" built.  (I still can't get used to calling them "old people").  As I have been introducing the work crew to everyone, I would be remiss if I left out Uncle John and Aunt Carolyn.

These two are truly the salt of the earth.  An octagenarian and septuagenarian respectively, they are some of the hardest workers I have ever seen...at any age!  They show up bright and early, ready to roll.  Meanwhile, the rest of us are easing into the day, lingering over another cup of coffee, or bird walking to random subjects, instead of diving in.

They have painted, pulled nails, scrubbed walls, and cleaned, cleaned, cleaned.  Truly, I can't tell you how astonishing it is.  I can only hope to get myself in better shape now so I can be half as agile as they are when I am their age.  What's more, they are both stellar examples of Christianity.  They talk the talk, but they walk the walk as well.  I am so grateful and blessed to be surrounded by such terrific examples and so much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? I'd love to hear them!