Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Forget SUNSHINE, I'm walking on FLOORING!

      Celebrating milestones when working on a house is mandatory, especially when we've been living with subfloors since we closed.  This week was the week we installed floors!  So excited.  Don, Mom, Dad, and I tackled this project, and really, it wasn't too bad.  
       The flooring I chose was EXPRESSA from Menards.  I am usually not indecisive, but this was hard...really hard.  I always knew I wanted a dark flooring upstairs and carpet was a given for the bedroom.  The older I get, the nicer it is to feel soft carpet under my feet when I wake up in the morning.  ;-)  Anyway, after looking at almost every flooring place in the city and second guessing myself MULTIPLE times, I went with this.  For the basement, however, I wanted to go with something lighter.  We purchased it all and had Menards holding our stash in the back room.  Sigh.  Then I started second guessing some more.  The lighter shade I picked out for the basement was chosen after looking at samples online.  I saw the picture of it when I was in the actual store after the purchase.  Now some may think I am picky, but I really thought the lighter finish made the floor look striped. After talking with  mom, who is not afraid to return anything...she returned a Corvette once...I decided to return it.  The people at Menards have the patience of Job.  Really.  One kid in particular was stuck waiting on us every time we came in.  Poor guy.  The flooring was returned and I decided to go with the same dark that I chose for the upstairs.  Problem was, they were out of it and there was no way to even back-order it.  AHHHH!  Mom and Dad to the rescue again.  They were headed to a birthday party in Frankfurt, Kansas.  They spent the night, got up early, and headed to two different Menards in Nebraska to get the rest of the boxes I needed.  Wow, right?
Doesn't this look striped to you?  Ick.
       Obviously I was excited when we got started today!  We fell into a decent rhythm, figuring out that the flooring had to be at a 45 degree angle in order to get it to lock together.  "45 Amy, 45..." became the phrase Don hollered out for the rest of the day.  I absolutely LOVE IT!  The upstairs flooring is done and it is beautiful!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? I'd love to hear them!