Search This Blog

Monday, May 9, 2016

Wall Art

So I put up the first, and so far only,  decor in my house today...this sign.  Now some of you "House Beautiful" - "Martha Stewart", I-wouldn't-put-up-anything-in-my-house-that-wasn't-out-of-a-magazine types will hate it.  That's just fine.  I happen to love it, and it brings me joy.  What is it?  Well, it was inspired by the show Everybody Loves Raymond (a fave).  There was an episode called Baggage.  Ray and Debra go on vacation and it's late when they come home.  The suitcase is left on the steps.  Several days and then weeks go by and neither of them will move the suitcase because they think the other should.  It becomes a hilarious silent , then public war.  Ray hides some Roquefort cheese in the bag before leaving on a business trip, infuriating Debra when she finally noticed the smell.  More hilarity ensues.  Marie Barone, may she rest in peace, gave this sage advice to Debra at the end of show, "Don't let a suitcase full of cheese be your big fork and spoon"...you'll have to watch it to understand the meaning.  Whimsy in a house never hurt anyone.  In fact, it brings me joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? I'd love to hear them!