Search This Blog

Friday, March 11, 2016

Going "Home"

I am back in Hutchinson for a week to officially finish packing, load the truck and move.  I feel SUPER guilty leaving "The Crew" in Topeka working on the house without me.  Brig is quickly realizing she is about to be a displaced person.  Each day she walks into the house and sees more boxes added to the maze, the more her face shuts down and her irritation rises.  I really do wish the timing of the move would have been a bit different, but my plans and God's plans are not always in sync.  

Here was the house before the packing began:
It's been a really weird week.  There's guilt for leaving mom and dad working in Topeka, excitement and trepidation about a new move, and a melancholy feeling about leaving the house and Hutch that I never thought I would have.  

Today, Friday, my sister Michelle arrived to help me get the Uhaul and get the loading underway.  She had no problem hopping into the driver's seat of a 26ft. truck.   She cracks me up.  We loaded most of the boxes ourselves, this evening.  Everyone will be here early in the morning to help with the moving process.  Gulp.  
     I have to say, it feels surreal that after 20 years and millions of memories, this house will not be "home" anymore.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? I'd love to hear them!