Search This Blog

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Let the cleaning begin...

This house is DISGUSTING.  Truly.  I have no idea how people live the way they live.  Today was a bit of a freak out for me.  I arrived early to the house to meet the security alarm guy and discovered some more fun surprises in the basement and in the vents.   I found cat/dog/unknown origin feces EVERYWHERE in the basement.  Because the previous owners had a sewage backup, the forclosure people came in and removed the bottom three feet of drywall throughout the basement.  Next to the studs, around the hot water heater, and yes, even in the fireplace, we found evidence of feline/canine "messes".  I was shocked.  After spying those goodies I noticed the air vents as I did another walk through of the upstairs.  The vents were FULL of...crap.  Not literal crap (well, some) but toys, hair ties, dirt, food, etc.  Whhhhhaaaaaattttt?????



Then, of course, I had to leave my "crew" at the house while I tottled off to a coffee shop to teach class.   When I returned, things were well underway.  My parents and my aunt and uncle can clean like nobody's business.   This process may take a lot longer than we all thought.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? I'd love to hear them!